Questions about the job email ApplyMTA@metal-technologies.com
- Works safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by wearing appropriate safety equipment (i.e., glasses, steel-toed shoes, ear plugs, etc.), following safe work practices and operating equipment in compliance with OSHA regulations and company policies and procedures
- Operate shakeout including separating gates, risers, and castings using a hammer and hook at moving conveyor. Operate wedger, Swings a hammer, overhead to knee height, making contact with the iron casting/sprue 20-35 times per minute.
- Visually inspects castings for defects per work instructions including external defects, excessive core fin or flash, burn-in sand, high ingate, etc. standing in front of a moving conveyor.
- Operates grinders (i.e. hand and pedestal) to remove excess flashing in a safe manner by inspecting grinder for proper adjustment, cracks or chips in the wheel and overall working condition. The operator will report any problems to the facilitator. May grind 2-12 castings per minute depending on size.
- Places, stacks, grasps and/or throws finished parts in/on designated shipping containers knee to shoulder height for shipment as specified by work instructions.
- Operates and runs 34 blast as needed
- Build boxes using stapler requires bending at waist to staple boxes together
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- May be assigned other duties as needed.